It’s so nice to finally be back in New York (Carmelo’s Home Coming Commercial playing). In addition to non-stop catching up and meetings, this time I was honored to be involved and give a SEO training to a group of senior digital marketers.
One reason I love New York so much is that this city doesn’t change much no matter how long you are away. However SEO on the other hand changed quite a lot over the years. The search engine marketing knowledge an internet marketer has is way broader and deeper than it was 5 years ago. Just take a look at some questions I was asked during the Q&A session. Fascinating, no?
- Is there a number of keywords that has to be used on a page to make the page SEO friendly?
- Is it true that the keywords have to be bold? I know that this used to be the case but I ve read that this is not that important for SEO anymore. What is the truth?
- How can we minimize traffic loss after a domain name change?
- How does PPC impact SEO? And how can we leverage the info. gained from our PPC efforts to benefit our SEO campaigns?
- Which provides better value for our events – PPC or SEO? Which has greater ROI?
- What are the associated risks and rewards when using PPC and SEO?
- How can we distribute our marketing budget between SEO and PPC?
- How can we see the work your doing? Google AdWords?
- On average, how much time should be spend on campaigns given the fact that we have many events with campaigns running simultaneously?
- What decision making process does he suggest to pick specific keywords – long tail Vs short tail, search qty.
- How is best to decide if a word should be used for SEO or PPC etc.
- How many keywords does Jerry suggest we aim to target for SEO for a stage 1 with a 16 week LT and a stage 2?
- What internal linking strategy does he recommend for event sites? Should we be using hub pages for keywords? Can the landing pages be used to benefit SEO?
- Do our sites have enough “open” content for SEO? If not what do you suggest is a good benchmark?
- Which free tools do you suggest using to get informative info? Google keyword planner? Open site explorer?
- What quick wins can MMs use to improve SEO?